Building on the international spirit of the upcoming Rio+20 Earth Summit and the 2012 Summer Olympic Games…
Earth Child Institute’s Power of One Child Global Action Classroom has joined forces with OLYMP-I-A to create the Power of One Child Global Action Challenge for kids!
Children of all Ages:
We challenge you to show the world how your commitment to a daily habit of positive ideas and actions for healthy and green living can create a sustainable future for EVERYONE!!!
It’s easy to take part in the Power of One Child Global Action Challenge! All you have to do is think of positive ideas and actions that will lead you, your family, friends, and community to lead greener, healthier lives and then write them down for everyone to see.
When the challenge is complete, some of these actions and ideas, along with messages and videos from participating children, will be featured on the Earth Child Institute web site and Power of One Child Global Action Challenge social network pages for all the world to see!
Welcome to the Power of One Child Global Action Challenge, brought to you by Earth Child Institute’s Power of One Child Global Action Classroom and OLYMP-I-A! The Global Action Challenge is about kids helping kids change the world, one child, one community, one country at a time! We are here to help children create and reinforce new habits that will lead all of us to a greener and healthier world!
Note to Youth Leaders and Teachers
To help students prepare for the Global Action Challenge, ask them to start coming up with some simple positive ideas and actions they can think about or do each day for the next 30 school days that will lead to healthier and greener daily living and a better world for everyone.
Examples of daily ideas or actions:
- Using clean water for hand-washing
- Keeping the school and home clean and free of trash
- Learning how to plant a vegetable garden
- Learning about the importance of trees for our life on Earth
- Learning about soil for planting and growing healthy trees
- Teaching another person about how to stay healthy and live a greener life
- Participating in a class project for healthy and green living
Youth Leaders and Teachers play a very important role in the Global Action Challenge. You are encouraged to remind your students every single day to write in their journals a positive idea or action they can take to get in the habit of thinking and doing green and healthy things for themselves and the planet on a daily basis. Our goal is to help you lead your students on a journey toward developing new habits that make the world a better place, one step at a time.
Class teams that meet their Challenge goals will be featured on our social network pages and will receive a certificate of achievement!
Instructions for Students:
How to Take Part in the Power of One Child Global Action Challenge:
Your challenge for the next 30 school days is to come up with one positive idea or action that will lead to healthy, green living and make Earth a better place and then write it down! Daily practice is a powerful training technique, which is what you would do if you were training for the Olympics. To be a strong and fast runner in the Olympics, you need to practice running every single day. To live a healthy, green life and help Earth become a better place, you need to practice thinking of positive ideas and taking positive actions every single day. This will create good habits and start you on a journey that will last you a lifetime!
1. On a piece of paper or in a journal notebook write your name and today’s date (day/month/year) at the top of the page.
2. Below your name and the date, write down ONE IDEA you had today or ONE ACTION you took today that was about how to live a healthy, green life and make the world a better place.
3. Do the same thing again every day for the next 30 school days. If you miss a day, do not worry about it. Just try again the next day. Keep going until you have a total of 30 ideas and/or actions.
4. Share your list of ideas and actions with your teacher or team leader, your fellow students, your family, and your community! This is how good ideas get spread around the world!
OKAY, LET’S GET STARTED!