WHO-WE-ARE > CREDENTIALS
Earth Child Institute, Inc. (ECI) was granted Special Consultative Status on June 8, 2012 with the NGOs Branch of the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). Please view accreditation letter here and declaration here ref. E/2011/32 (Part II), Draft Decision I, Line 31].
- The United Nations Global Compact
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCC) endorses ECI’s candidacy for UNCCD’s 2012 Land for Life Award.
- UNICEF endorses ECI’s candidacy for UNCCD’s 2012 Land for Life Award.
- Republic of Ghana Education Service 2011 letter of introduction of ECI to schools.
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) endorses ECI’s 2.2 Billion Power of One Child + One Tree = A Sustainable Future for All program.
- UNICEF signs letter of agreement with ECI for development of the Climate Change Environmental Education Resource Pack for Child Friendly Schools, a rights-based, intersectoral policy and advocacy tool.
- Ministry of Education of Brazil letter of agreement, 2010 Children and Youth International Conference, Let’s Take Care of the Planet
- Endorsement of Director of Outreach Division, United Nations Department of Public Information
- FAO, Youth and United Nations Global Alliance (YUNGA), 2009. Letter of cooperation.
- ECI was named NGO of the Month in October, 2011 by the International Institute on the Rights of the Child (Sion, Switzerland). Learn more here.
- ECI achieved recognition in 2011 as a “Top Rated” Nonprofit in the category of Children and Families by “GreatNonProfits”. Learn more here.
- ECI is honored to be included as an “Organization Making A Difference” by UNFPA’s 7-Billion Actions Movement. Learn more here.
We are committed to combating climate change, deforestation, and water scarcity by investing in hands-on environmental and educational projects with and for children, both in and out of schools. We engage with and support empowerment of the world’s 2.2 billion people under the age of 18 to facilitate the planting of trees and to ensure access to safe water, sanitation, clean energy, and nutritious food.